About the Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education
To further the goal of improving patient safety and quality in health care, three institutions – Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College, University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis, and Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis – created the Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education at Washington University Medical Campus in August 2015.
We promote an educational environment that values and supports collaboration by building a community of interprofessional champions and scholars, and developing and integrating curricula.
We aim to improve health and wellness of the greater St. Louis region through interprofessional education, and community and clinical partnerships.
- Develop a longitudinal, integrated interprofessional education (IPE) core curriculum across the seven educational programs
- Develop a comprehensive program assessment plan
- Establish a community of interprofessional educators who embrace and demonstrate core principles of interprofessional education and practice
- Partner with clinical entities to create patient-centered collaborative care clinical practice sites
- Develop interprofessional practice experiences for learners in the sites
- Support the development of an interprofessional research community
- Learn more about the center’s strategic priorities.
Learn More About the Washington University Medical Campus
- The Washington University Medical Campus consists of Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Barnes-Jewish College, St. Louis Children’s Hospital and the Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine.
- The center will enhance the ability of faculty to function as interprofessional educators, advance curricular opportunities of programs within the three schools, conduct educational research in interprofessional education, and enhance patient outcomes.
- Learn more about the center’s launch, accomplishments, and activities during the past year by reading our most recent Annual Report.